Summer Camp Packing List
Are you heading to one of our many Gamebreaker Lacrosse Camps this summer? If so, we’re really excited for you to join us! Be prepared to take your game to the next level with our top-level coaching staff while doing it in a fun and positive atmosphere.
Chances are you can’t wait to check-in and step on the field with us (we can’t either!) and you’re already trying to find ways to prepare for camp. Thankfully, it’s never too early to start getting organized!
If you’ve registered for one of our lacrosse camps, you’ll be getting a lot more information about exactly what’s needed. How much stuff you pack into a bag will ultimately depend on what kind of camp you’re signed up for (overnight, extended day, or day). However, there are some basics that are always going to be needed.
Some of those necessities include:
- Lacrosse stick (would be a bummer if you forgot it!)
- Gloves, shoulder, arm & rib pads
- Goggles (specifically for girls)
- Cleats/turf shoes
- Bug repellant/insect repellent
- Rain gear (check the forecast closer to when you go to camp!)
Planning on staying overnight or longer? Here is a basic list of items you should bring:
- Bedding (pillow and case, appropriate sized sheets)
- Fans (if your dorm room doesn’t have A/C)
- Off-field clothing items (shirts, athletic shorts, light jacket, etc.)
- Pairs of socks & underwear (plus extra sports bras for girls)
- Flip flops (for showering)
- Toiletries (body wash, shampoo/conditioner, toothpaste, etc.)
- Shower caddy
- Extra pair of tennis shoes or other closed-toe shoes
- Bath towel
- Alarm clock
- Chargers for any necessary electronics (cell phone, headphones, tablets, etc.)
This may seem like a lot of stuff, but if you’ve played on travel teams and have had to participate in tournaments away from home, chances are this sounds very familiar. Now, the key for your packing will be to leave some room and not fill bags to the brim so you can bring some extra stuff home!
Well, you won’t be lugging all of the following things home with you once camp is finished, but you’re definitely going to need some room! Here’s what GameBreaker Lacrosse Camp campers will get during their time at camp:
- Authentic GameBreaker reversible jersey
- GameBreaker reusable water bottle
- GameBreaker lanyard and sticker
- Personal valuation
- Daily lacrosse games
- Raffles for assorted GameBreaker prizes
- Prizes for MVP, Most Improved and Lacrosse Player of the Week
- College night
- Stick tricks
- Specialty camps for goalies, face-offs and shooting
One of the many things we focus on at our GameBreaker Lacrosse Camps is safety. Campers can’t have fun and improve on the field without being in a safe and healthy environment. We provide a responsible staff to supervise all activities and to also act as role models on and off the field.
Why are we mentioning this? Well, campers feel safe when they’re comfortable in both their environment and with the particular equipment they’re using. That’s why it’s important to double- and sometimes triple-check your bag to make sure everything you need is in there before you head to camp!
If you’re interested in learning more about our Gamebreaker Lacrosse Camps this summer, click here to find a camp near you and be on your way to becoming a better lacrosse player!